In the heart of our land in Mayflower, AR, sits Clark’s Pecan Grove, a 30 acre pecan orchard filled with a mixture of Paper Shell, Stuart, Desirable and Native pecan trees. Our 140 trees are 30 to 40 years old. Nine years ago we planted 60 Pawnee trees that are quickly developing. After our first hard freeze, our trees become dormant and we begin the harvesting process. We sell pecans whole and cracked. At the end of the season, we take all our excess pecans to market for wholesale.
Last year’s recap: Our orchard opened to the public Saturday, November 2, 2013, and closed for the season Saturday, December 28, 2013. We had a great year, harvesting over 35,000 pounds. The market was great, and we appreciate everyone who came out to pick.
In January 2014, we pruned the trees for the first time in 6 years and we invested a great deal in new equipment. We were definitely hoping for the 2014 Pecan Season to be our BEST Season yet!!! But to our regret we just do not have the pecans that we were hoping for this year, therefore, we are going to open the orchard only 3 times this year to the Public! The dates and times are Saturday, November 8th, November 22nd and December 6th, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. We are hoping there will be enough pecans for people to pick for a pecan pie but we think everyone will enjoy the beauty of the orchard. We will hopefully have some pecans for sale, pecan wood for smoking and grilling for sale especially after all that trimming and some homemade jellies for sale. The prices this year are as follows:
- Whole Pecans – $3.50 per pound
- Cracked Pecans – $4.00 per pound
- Shelled Pecans – $10.00 per pound
- Pecan Wood for Smoking & Grilling – $2.00/bag of chunks & $2.00 for 4 logs.
- Jellies – $5.00 per jar or $8.00 for 2 jars
If you have any questions and/concerns please contact us at 501.454.2667 or 501.339.5677.
Love to barbeque and smoke meat? We have pecan chips for sale, and our customers are raving about them. Try them with your ribs, salmon, trout, chicken, and much more. They give such a great flavor, and they’re easy to use. Give us a call if you’re interested in trying some!
Our business is family owned and operated, and we strive to provide the best customer service possible. If you or someone you know are interested in purchasing our services, please call 501.454.2667 or 501.339.5677.
- Take the Mayflower exit (Exit 135).
- Turn West onto Hwy 89 (right from Conway, left over the freeway from Little Rock).
- Turn left (South) at the stop light onto Hwy 365.
- At the next stop light, turn right onto Hwy 89 North.
- After about 2 miles, turn left onto Easterwood Road.
- After about 4 miles, turn left onto Jones Lane (stay on blacktop).
- Clark’s Pecan Grove is about 1/2 mile on the left.